Hi Jeremy, couple questions:

-I'm assuming you have the ADC code in a separate source file, called 'adc.c'

-When doing a 'make', do you see something to the extent of "gcc BLA
BLA BLA adc.c -o adc.o BLA BLA" In particular, we want to make sure
that the corresponding ".o" file is being created.

-When doing a 'make', toward the end, during linking (which is where
your error is coming from), do you see it referencing the "adc.o"
object file? If not, that would be the part of the problem.

Can you send the full console output when running make?

thanks,
-dave