I won't be able to do re-make and email the console log until just before
the meeting, but:

-ADC code is in a separate folder under /Common/drivers/LPC/adc/

-there is something that I believe to be the "gcc BLA BLA BLA adc.c -o adc.o
BLA BLA" you mention in the make output.

-The .o file is being created with a timestamp concurrent with the makes
that I have attempted.

-My gut feeling at this point is that to get this error it must not be using
the adc.o file, but I can't see why it wouldn't.