Hi Donald,

One particular concern is for some Slavic languages and counts. If any of your
messages has a specific number of things, you need to know what that number is
to have a correct sentence (e.g. saying “I am 34 years old” and “I am 35 years
old” has a different grammatical structure; notably, you need to know what the
number is to know how to spell “years”.). I believe this is currently a
limitation of gettext, but I also know that in many languages gettext is
actually gettext + FEATURES, and it’s not clear to me if Python’s gettext
solves this problem.

lvh