> I also used to wonder what was being discussed behind closed doors.

We shouldn't have to wonder. If it really is that boring, fine, but it
should be up to me to decide how I spend my time.

The posted minutes are just a summary and results of the discussions and
votes.  They don't tell me what was seen as pros and cons and how they were
weighted.

I have no idea what the individual board members think. Even when there is
a unanimous vote, I still don't know why they voted that way.

I have no idea what the board or any of the members thinks their roll is
regarding PyCon US, something I care deeply about.   I have had to have
face to face conversations to hear some a surprising opinion as to it's
direction.  That person is not running this year, so we don't need to worry
about if that makes any sense or we should vote him out.

But it was a very short conversation and we didn't have time to talk about
it.  If I could read the archives, I wouldn't need to talk about it, nor
would I be surprised.  I may disagree, that's fine.   Being surprised, I
have a problem with that.

Carl K