Meta classes are tricky.  so is meta discussion.  and whatever this is.

I think it is fine to post opinions when one "felt I could not let these
particular comments go by."

I may or may not agree with the opinion, but I do like hearing what people
think, and being reminded about undesirable behaviour isn't the end of the
world.

On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 11:08 AM, Ola Sitarska <o...@sitarska.com> wrote:

> I had the same exact feelings when reading that comments here. Thanks for
> speaking up Erik!
>
> On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 1:52 PM, Erik Romijn <e...@erik.io> wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I don’t mean to derail the discussion on board transparency, but I
>> felt I could not let these particular comments go by:

>> > They are good at hiding it.
>>
>> In my opinion, these comments are disrespectful and not inclusive.
>>
>> I know how it seems fun to poke at other languages. I personally
>> have written Perl code in the past, and strongly dislike it. However,
>> that doesn’t mean Perl programmers have any less worth. If we make
>> it seem as if the Python community considers Perl programmers lesser
>> people/programmers, we are making our community unwelcome to people
>> that have made different technology choices, or even are unable to
>> make different choices.
>>
>> I assume that these comments were meant as non-malicious jokes. But
>> that made it especially important for me to draw attention to the
>> effects they can have. So that we can help our community be
>> inclusive to everyone :)
>>
>> Erik

Carl K