The difference from the korg you mentioned and the Project Mix IO is that the
Project Mix is a control surface and interface combined. What you need to look
for is any control surface that is compatible with the  Hui Protocol. That's
what will interface with Pro Tools. J L Cooper makes some products that are
affordable, but I'm not sure if they're still around. Also, Barengher makes a
cheap controller called the bcf that has automated faders and costs only about
159 bucks. Hope this is somewhat helpful. If I come across any other surfaces
that might be in the price range, I'll let you know.

Kevin