To: <ptaccess@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2010 9:49 PM
Subject: control surfaces

Hello

So from what I gather people on this list either have a 003 or a c24 or both? If anyone else has a surface they are using can you please write about it a little. I am trying to decide on one but I'm not sure what to get. I am still up in the air over weather or not to get an analog console. I think having saved state of all parameters is winning me over to not having a real analog desk but I still have yet to try working with a surface. After working with pro tools for a few weeks I have been able to make okay mixes just from the qwerty board but it takes quite a bit of time. How easy is it to pop back and forth between plugins on different tracks and not get lost remember which track and plugin your tweaking? Can you easily hit a series of key strokes to control a plugin that was already the active one? I want to find ways to minimize Alex speaking to me. I find it really disrupting hearing speech while trying to listen to audio.

Thanks for your help.
--FC