Hi.

MPowered will contain the access features. I was on the beta, used MPowered
(still do), and the access features are in that version.

The delay doesn't have anything to do with accessibility. Remember that, beyond
accessibility, version 8.04, to the larger world, is all about improving Pro
Tools support and stability with OS X 10.6. MPowered works with different audio
hardware than HD or LE, so there are slightly different concerns for Avid to
address with its release than with those other two versions. When they're
ready, and they release 8.04, the accessibility features will already be there,
and it will be a free upgrade for you as an 8.X license holder.

Your current software isn't accessible, but I'd suggest that you go ahead and
open it. You should go ahead and do the following:

1. Be sure that your M-Audio interface drivers are installed on the Mac. Some
M-Audio interfaces will work on a basic level without drivers, but you need
drivers before you'll be able to use it with Pro Tools.

2. Your software box contains a USB copy protection device called an iLok. You
need to go to the iLok web site, register your iLok, and download/install the
drivers that will allow it to run on your Mac. Without the iLok, Pro Tools
won't have authorization, and so won't run.

3. Install Pro Tools. You can't use the version that you have, but, when 8.04
is released, it will probably update your existing Pro Tools, rather than
permit a fully fresh install. This isn't clear yet, since the update hasn't
been released, but I suspect that is how it will work.

These steps will take a bit of time. By the time that you finish them, the
update will probably be ready.

You will absolutely have access in 8.04.

Bryan