Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I'm from Canada and as far as I know
we don't have any old PT 5 blind users around. My level meters were
built by a tech
to beep off of the peak readings. Not completely accurate all of the
time do to transients but works great most of the time. In the real
world I'd like
to be current which is where the big change came from but I thought
there would be a lot more in the way of samplers and synths. I lock
Sonar digitally
through the 888 IO which I'm going to have to get rid of if I make
this big switch. I guess I should spell out for you what I was really
looking for. #1
I wanted more sampler and synth power with accessibility which I guess
is not coming very soon. #2 I want to remain current with a version of
PT that won't
get laughed at which I don't think will happen enough as long as PT
stays current with VO. #3 I'd like to experience some things that
couldn't be done
with PT 5 for blind users witchh I'm not sure of
yet as to the accessibility difference in PT with VO. #4 Everything I
do is editing, mixing and sampleing. The big thing here is live bands
with tons of
samples and a large amount of editing, so, time is important. I hate
to be watched by anybody who might be thinking I'm slower than them
because of being
blind. When I work with sighted engineers on huge projects there can
be up to 5 engineers at a time in a live situation and just about 100%
of the time
I'm faster. That's the reason I want to switch over because when I'm
working with others I want to have a system that's compatible
throughout the PT universe.

Reply via email to