Hey guys, sorry about the long post but I want to get these questions
out of the way and you guys are the only people who will answer
anything which I must say, I'm super stoked that I found this group.
So, do you think I should stick with using Sonar linked to Protools
for the sampling and softsynths? Of course that requires 2 machines at
all times unless bootcamp would work for running Sonar and Protools
and somehow linking them up in real time. Has that been done on 1
machine? Also, is there anything accessible at all for Protools using
any sampling or synth type plugs? Can you tell me what the best
version of PT is for Lion as I'm trying all of this out with HD9. Are
there other tutorials out there, I did hear all of Kevin Reeves stuff
which I think was awesome. Side note, love all of his music as
well. :) I couldn't find much else in terms of learning the
differences between VO with Protools and Outspoken. Perhaps Slau or
another previous user of outspoken can shed some light on the
differences I'll be challenged with. One thing pretty obvious was the
quick mark and marker feature whereby you could literally mark any
position in an instant. I had hundreds of markers for sampler
browsers, folders that wouldn't be read and screen positions. Since
I'm very new to VO I'm assuming hotspots don't do exactly the same
thing or else we'd be able to mark and name everything. I read a post
about using Quick Keys which I also use frequently and can script it
very well. Has that ever been further looked at between Apple scripts,
Quick Keys etc? Lastly, the more I read on VO I become more confused.
One group has given up completely because of what they call the lack
of support and talks about how much more Jaws does for the PC users.
I'm writing this now on a PC because my Mac OS 9 system is just a
dedicated PT machine and I haven't yet mastered VO for the web since
I've been only using it for Protools. I would really love the day
where I can just turn on 1 machine and do everything without the use
of so many different computers for different tasks. Right now I have a
PC for Sonar, Mac for PT 5, Mac for PT HD9, Laptop for PT travel,
Laptop for Sonar travel and believe it or not, extra cloned machines
for everything in case of a breakdown. It would be so awesome to use a
12 core powerful Mac for everything and scrap the rest.