Hi John,

Just as with version 5, you can move the insertion point down to the adjacent 
track with Control-semicolon or up to the track above with control-p. If, under 
the Options menu, you have "Insertion Follows Track Selection" checked, your 
track selections will follow your insertion moves. If you want to quickly just 
select any track, just scrub, assuming you have a control surface or use 
Shuttle mode. Once the insertion cursor appears within the track, the 
Control-semicolon and Control-p shortcuts will work so you don't have to 
interact with the track list table.

HTH,

Slau

On Feb 28, 2012, at 12:49 PM, John Boral wrote:

> Hey all, I just read something that said you don't have to interact in
> order to select tracks. That's not working for me in PT HD9. If I use
> VO space on a track in either the mix or edit window I get nothing but
> the error beep. I can select tracks by interacting but it does take
> much longer. I do have both link edit and scroll checked in options.
> The biggest problem now is PT saying Protools busy and never stopping.
> Usually when I get to around 20 or 30 minutes of using PT it says
> Protools busy and won't stop. I have to force quit and restart the
> entire machine to get it back.

Reply via email to