LOL Check your spelling. Ritard, spelled with an i or abbreviated rit on a printed score, refers to the Italian term ritardando: "Gradually decelerating the tempo of a piece of music, especially at the end of the piece."

Retard, with an e, is well, naw, it's too easy. Oh ok, it's a term you're not supposed to be using in 2017. (grin)

At 02:54 PM 8/8/2017, you wrote:
Mr. Smart, don't be so difficult!

1. NO, that isn't what I'm asking. I don't want to do it gradually. Did I imply that by saying a retard? I thought a retard could be gradual, but not necessarily. I need it to directly go straight from 84 to 64. I don't need a gradual declination. Would that not be considered then a retard? If not, then sorry. Maybe someone with a little theory background can set me straight on that term. I'm willing to learn.

2. Yes, Chris, paramount. I have a click track in this recording. If I don't change the tempo, then it'll get out of sync, so yes. It's paramount.

You know, for a professional, dude, you could be a bit more respectful with your words, thank you very much, sir!

If you didn't wanna help, then why did you waist list traffic with unnecessary comments! Slau, tell me you agree! I'm sure you do! You're a reasonable enough guy, I'd think, or, at least hope.
---
Christopher Gilland

<http://www.gshministry.org>http://www.gshministry.org
(980) 500-9575
----- Original Message -----
From: <mailto:csma...@cogeco.ca>Chris Smart
To: <mailto:ptaccess@googlegroups.com>ptaccess@googlegroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2017 11:41 AM
Subject: Re: It's paramount! that I learn this task: Tempoing

>so you're asking: "How do I gradually slow the tempo over a couple of bars?

Paramount??

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and
cats." - Albert Schweitzer

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Pro Tools Accessibility" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <mailto:ptaccess+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>ptaccess+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>https://groups.google.com/d/optout.