Doesn't ProTools have a feature called Beat Detective, that basically detects transients?

At 09:23 PM 9/19/2017, you wrote:
I'd do it in Reaper, but I'm not totally advanced enough with it to know what I'm doing.

Also, how would I quantize things? I can't, as it's audio, not midi.

Chris.
---
Christopher Gilland

<http://www.gshministry.org>http://www.gshministry.org
(980) 500-9575
----- Original Message -----
From: <mailto:monkeypushe...@gmail.com>TheOreoMonster
To: <mailto:ptaccess@googlegroups.com>ptaccess@googlegroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 8:22 PM
Subject: Re: Maybe covered before, but I really need help, Bigtime!

I imagine once he got the tempo following along to the subtle tempo changes if the right elastic audio algorithm is selected and then all the tempo changes selected and changed to the same value the audio should playback at the set tempo then. Just going by what I remember from using ProTOols. The really time consuming way to do this would be to select every actual measure of the song, split it to its own clip, and quantize it to whatever tempo you want. I have done something like what Chris is attempting to do in logic and these days I am a little bit more familiar with Flex time than ProTools elastic audio implementation so this was just suggestions based off how I have worked around different tools not being accessible in different DAWs over the years.