Hi Eva,
Either your classpath is not set properly or else the file
$PTII/ptolemy/data/TypeLattice.class does not exist.

Does $PTII/ptolemy/data/TypeLattice.class exist?

Did you build Ptolemy using the commands below?
 cd $PTII
 ./configure
 make >& make.out

Does make.out contain errors? Look for lines that have "***" in them.

_Christopher

--------

    Hello everybody.

    Many thanks to Christopher who has helped me a lot with ptolemy. It works f
   ine
    on Solaris 10 with gnu make.

    Now I am trying to install ptolemy on ubuntu 7.10 but I have too many error
    with java.

    I have set PTII, PATH and CLASSPATH variables.

    I do not know what is wrong.

    I would be grateful if I had a suggestion for a workaround.

    Thanks in advance,

    Eva Kolega
    Phd student
    National Technical University of Athens, GREECE