[This bounced because majordomo is picky]
Hi Eva,
You need to download and install TinyOS

Go to
http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/viptos/

Under "Viptos 1.0", follow the "Downloads" link which says:

>  Unix/Linux support files
>
> This file has Unix/Linux line endings.
> * tinyos-1.x-2007-01-17.tar.gz
> (http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/viptos1.0/tinyos-1.x-2007-01-17.tar.gz
> (95Mb - tar file of the tinyos-1.x cvs repository.  Downloaded on
> January 17, 2007.  You may either download this repository or
> download a later version using cvs as per the
> Ptolemy II PtinyOS Domain Installation Notes
> (http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptII6.0/ptII/ptolemy/domains/ptinyos/doc/installation.htm)

Take a look at at:
http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptII6.0/ptII/ptolemy/domains/ptinyos/doc/installation.htm

Note that getting TinyOS and Ptolemy set up is tricky.

Definitely start with the versions of the tools (TinyOS) that we
provide.

_Christopher

--------

    Christopher,

    Thank you very much once again. Ptolemy II 7 beta worked for me on Ubuntu.
    On Sol-10 11/06 both versions of ptolemy work just fine as it has java 1.5
    installed.

    Now I'm trying to invoke viptos by running bin/viptos and it starts ok.
    I have set the following env vars:

    setenv  TOSROOT /opt/tinyos-2.x
    setenv  TOSDIR /opt/tinyos-2.x/tos  and finally
    setenv PTINYOS_MOMLROOT /usr/local/src/ptII7.0.1/ptolemy/domains/ptinyos/ut
   il

    However, I read the installation notes (either on the site or in the tarbal
   l)
    and a 'vendors' directory is mentioned, which I do not have.

    I read the manuall saying that the env variables should be:

    setenv TOSROOT $PTII/vendors/ptinyos/tinyos-1.x
    setenv TOSDIR $TOSROOT/tos
    setenv PTINYOS_MOMLROOT $PTII/vendors/ptinyos/moml

    but I do not have vendors.
    What is more, I cannot successfully run the demos as I encounter errors abo
   ut
    localtions, xml moml...etc.

    I strongly believe that my env vars are not the appropriate ones.
    So, which could be the TOSROOT, please, as I only have
    /usr/local/src/ptII7.0.1/ptolemy/domains/ptinyos with no tos in it.
    I do not have vendors anyway.

    I have tinyos-2.x installed in /opt/tinyos-2.x and I run TOSSIM with script
    there.

    It seems that I miss something importand here.

    Thanks in advance,

    Eva Kolega
    Phd Student
    National Technical University of Athens, Greece

    Christopher Brooks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

    > Hi Eva,
    >
    > Ok, I can replicate this with Sun's java.
    >
    > The version of Java I tried was:
    >   -bash-3.1$ java -version
    >   java version "1.6.0_05"
    >   Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_05-b13)
    >   Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 10.0-b19, mixed mode, sharing)
    >
    > I did:
    >   wget http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptII6.0/ptII6.0.2.src.t
   ar.gz
    >   tar -zxf ptII6.0.2.src.tar.gz
    >   export PTII=/tmp/cxh/ptII6.0.2
    >   cd $PTII
    >   ./configure
    >   make >& make.out
    >
    > What I get is:
    >
    > ../../../ptolemy/data/type/ArrayType.java:423: non-static variable this
    cannot be referenced from a static context
> [...]

   m.
    >     >
    >     > _Christopher
    >     >
    >     > --------
    >     >
    >     >     Hello everybody.
    >     >
    >     >     Many thanks to Christopher who has helped me a lot with ptolemy
   . It w
    >    orks f
    >     >    ine
    >     >     on Solaris 10 with gnu make.
    >     >
    >     >     Now I am trying to install ptolemy on ubuntu 7.10 but I have to
   o many
    >     error
    >     >    s
    >     >     with java.
    >     >
    >     >     I have set PTII, PATH and CLASSPATH variables.
    >     >
    >     >     I do not know what is wrong.
    >     >
    >     >     I would be grateful if I had a suggestion for a workaround.
    >     >
    >     >     Thanks in advance,
    >     >
    >     >     Eva Kolega
    >     >     Phd student
    >     >     National Technical University of Athens, GREECE
    >     >
    >     >     ----------------SAMPLE ERRORS----------------------------------
    >     >     Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize
    class
    >     >     ptolemy.data.type.TypeLattice
    >     >      at ptolemy.moml.filter.ActorIndex.main(ActorIndex.java:264)
    >     >     Parsing:
    >     >     file:/usr/local/src/ptII6.0.2/ptolemy/domains/sdf/demo/LMSAdapt
   ive/LM
    >    SAdapt
    >     >    ive.xml
    >     >     Warning, failed to parse
    >     >     $CLASSPATH/ptolemy/domains/sdf/demo/LMSAdaptive/LMSAdaptive.xml
    >     >     com.microstar.xml.XmlException: XML element "property" triggers
    excep
    >    tion:
    >     >       java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
    >     >     ptolemy.data.type.TypeLattice in
    >     >     http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/xml/dtd/MoML_1.dtd at line 7 a
   nd col
    >    umn 69
    >     >     Caused by:
    >     >      java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
    >     >     ptolemy.data.type.TypeLattice
    >     >
    >     >
    >     >     ---------------------------------------------------------------
   ------
    >    ------
    >     >    -
    >     >     Posted to the ptolemy-hackers mailing list.  Please send admini
   strati
    >    ve
    >     >     mail for this list to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   keley.
    >    edu
    >     >
   ------
    >    ---
    >     > Posted to the ptolemy-hackers mailing list.  Please send administra
   tive
    >     > mail for this list to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   y.edu