Hi,

> I am looking for a toolchain for Atmel SAMA5D3x series. These are ARM
> Cortex A5 CPUs with hardware FPU.
> 
> I had a look at the latest OSELAS toolchain release (2014.12.1) and
> didn't find a specific ptxconfig for Cortex A5. What would be the best
> suitable? arm-v7a perhaps?

I could boot the SAMA5D3-Xplained board using the 'arm-v7a-linux-gnueabihf’ 
config of OSELAS toolchain 2014.12.0.

> Does anybody have experience with OSELAS toolchain and the Atmel
> SAMA5D3x series? (or otherwise with other Cortex A5 CPUs)?


I’ve done a custom config based on the 'arm-cortexa8-linux-gnueabihf' 
toolchain. I had to remove the 'PTXCONF_GLIBC_EXTRA_ADDONS="cortex-strings”’ 
option. Please check the attached file and the diff’s.
Warning: I’m no expert in toolchains. Although it seems to run fine, I haven’t 
done much testing. It might be safer to go with the standard 'arm-v7a’ config.

Regards,
Jean-Claude



diff 
arm-cortexa5-linux-gnueabihf_gcc-4.9.2_glibc-2.20_binutils-2.24_kernel-3.16-sanitized.ptxconfig
 
arm-cortexa8-linux-gnueabihf_gcc-4.9.2_glibc-2.20_binutils-2.24_kernel-3.16-sanitized.ptxconfig
 
23c23
< PTXCONF_GNU_TARGET="arm-cortexa5-linux-gnueabihf"
---
> PTXCONF_GNU_TARGET="arm-cortexa8-linux-gnueabihf"
54c54
< PTXCONF_GLIBC_EXTRA_ADDONS=""
---
> PTXCONF_GLIBC_EXTRA_ADDONS="cortex-strings"
73c73
< PTXCONF_CROSS_GCC_CONFIG_EXTRA="--with-float=hard --with-fpu=vfpv4-d16 
--with-cpu=cortex-a5 --with-mode=thumb"
---
> PTXCONF_CROSS_GCC_CONFIG_EXTRA="--with-float=hard --with-fpu=neon 
> --with-cpu=cortex-a8 --with-mode=thumb"



diff 
arm-cortexa5-linux-gnueabihf_gcc-4.9.2_glibc-2.20_binutils-2.24_kernel-3.16-sanitized.ptxconfig
 
arm-v7a-linux-gnueabihf_gcc-4.9.2_glibc-2.20_binutils-2.24_kernel-3.16-sanitized.ptxconfig
 
23c23
< PTXCONF_GNU_TARGET="arm-cortexa5-linux-gnueabihf"
---
> PTXCONF_GNU_TARGET="arm-v7a-linux-gnueabihf"
50c50
< PTXCONF_GLIBC_CONFIG_EXTRA="--disable-multi-arch"
---
> PTXCONF_GLIBC_CONFIG_EXTRA=""
73c73
< PTXCONF_CROSS_GCC_CONFIG_EXTRA="--with-float=hard --with-fpu=vfpv4-d16 
--with-cpu=cortex-a5 --with-mode=thumb"
---
> PTXCONF_CROSS_GCC_CONFIG_EXTRA="--with-float=hard --with-fpu=vfpv3-d16 
> --with-arch=armv7-a --with-mode=thumb --with-tune=cortex-a9"

Attachment: arm-cortexa5-linux-gnueabihf_gcc-4.9.2_glibc-2.20_binutils-2.24_kernel-3.16-sanitized.ptxconfig
Description: Binary data


-- 
ptxdist mailing list
[email protected]

Reply via email to