Hello,

2015-07-16 15:14 GMT+02:00 Jean-Claude Monnin <[email protected]>:
> Hi Guillermo,
>
>> Can you provide some additional detail on why this had to be disabled?
>> The arm-v7a-linux-gnueabihf toolchain also has "cortex-strings" in
>> PTXCONF_GLIBC_EXTRA_ADDONS and so far it seems to work fine (although
>> I have only been able to do limited testing)
>
> With the "cortex-strings" enabled, it crashed somewhere in the boot process. 
> I assumed this option provided some optimised functions using NEON 
> instructions. However I never verified exactly what that option does. Maybe 
> someone else can clarify?
> What hardware do you use? SAMA5D3 lacks NEON instructions, but SAMA5D4 does 
> support it.
> 'cortex-strings' seems to be enabled in the 'arm-v7a-linux-gnueabihf' of 
> 'OSELAS toolchain 2013.12.2', but disabled in more recent versions of the 
> toolchain.

Uhm. I am using a SAMA5D3 Xplained board (so no NEON). However
Linaro's README file for the cortex-strings project states that these
should also be available for CPUs without NEON support:
https://git.linaro.org/toolchain/cortex-strings.git/blob/HEAD:/README

As stated, I used the arm-v7a-linux-gnueabihf from
OSELAS.Toolchain-2013.12.2 without any modifications or changes and
the system boots and seems to work just fine. I'll keep an eye on
this.

It would be good to konw why cortex-strings was disabled in more
recent versions of the OSELAS.Toolchain. Can someone shed some light
here?

Thank you,

Guillermo

-- 
ptxdist mailing list
[email protected]

Reply via email to