Hi Michael,

2015-07-16 15:37 GMT+02:00 Michael Olbrich <[email protected]>:
> On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 03:27:57PM +0200, Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia wrote:
>> 2015-07-16 15:14 GMT+02:00 Jean-Claude Monnin <[email protected]>:
>> Uhm. I am using a SAMA5D3 Xplained board (so no NEON). However
>> Linaro's README file for the cortex-strings project states that these
>> should also be available for CPUs without NEON support:
>> https://git.linaro.org/toolchain/cortex-strings.git/blob/HEAD:/README
>>
>> As stated, I used the arm-v7a-linux-gnueabihf from
>> OSELAS.Toolchain-2013.12.2 without any modifications or changes and
>> the system boots and seems to work just fine. I'll keep an eye on
>> this.
>
> If the cortex-strings are actually used, then any memcpy should crash.
> However, it is quite possible that these where ignored by the glibc
> build system for ARM v7a. I don't remember the details here. Something like
> that happend with some version but I don't remember which.
>
>> It would be good to konw why cortex-strings was disabled in more
>> recent versions of the OSELAS.Toolchain. Can someone shed some light
>> here?
>
> As a said in my other mail glibc no includes a newer version of this code.
> I left it there for cortex-a8 because my benchmarks showed that the new
> versions did not perform very well there.
> I'll revisit the topic for the next major toolchain version.

Thank you very much; this is clear now.

Guillermo

-- 
ptxdist mailing list
[email protected]

Reply via email to