Hi Jean Claude,

2015-07-13 17:34 GMT+02:00 Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia
<[email protected]>:
> Hi Jean Claude,
>
> 2015-07-13 17:22 GMT+02:00 Jean-Claude Monnin <[email protected]>:
>> Hi,
>>
>>> I am looking for a toolchain for Atmel SAMA5D3x series. These are ARM
>>> Cortex A5 CPUs with hardware FPU.
>>>
>>> I had a look at the latest OSELAS toolchain release (2014.12.1) and
>>> didn't find a specific ptxconfig for Cortex A5. What would be the best
>>> suitable? arm-v7a perhaps?
>>
>> I could boot the SAMA5D3-Xplained board using the 'arm-v7a-linux-gnueabihf’ 
>> config of OSELAS toolchain 2014.12.0.

I am now playing with arm-v7a-linux-gnueabihf (although I initially
used OSELAS toolchain 2013.12.2) and can confirm that this works fine
so far. This is without any changes or patches to the standard
toolchain configuration.

>
> Great! Do you happen to have a working ptxdist config / BSP for this as well ?
>
>>
>>> Does anybody have experience with OSELAS toolchain and the Atmel
>>> SAMA5D3x series? (or otherwise with other Cortex A5 CPUs)?
>>
>>
>> I’ve done a custom config based on the 'arm-cortexa8-linux-gnueabihf' 
>> toolchain. I had to remove the 'PTXCONF_GLIBC_EXTRA_ADDONS="cortex-strings”’ 
>> option. Please check the attached file and the diff’s.

Can you provide some additional detail on why this had to be disabled?
The arm-v7a-linux-gnueabihf toolchain also has "cortex-strings" in
PTXCONF_GLIBC_EXTRA_ADDONS and so far it seems to work fine (although
I have only been able to do limited testing)

Thank you,

Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia
[email protected]

-- 
ptxdist mailing list
[email protected]

Reply via email to