> On Aug 7, 2015, at 9:27 AM, Anne van Kesteren <ann...@annevk.nl> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 6:23 PM, Travis Leithead
> <travis.leith...@microsoft.com> wrote:
>> This is, at a minimum, incremental goodness. It's better than leaving the
>> prior L1 published document around--which already tripped up a few folks on
>> my team recently. I strongly +1 it.
>
> If your team looks at the newer L1 they will also trip themselves up.
> Anything but https://heycam.github.io/webidl/ is problematic.

For our internal documentation purposes, I'd refer having a perm link to a
document that never changes.

Let's say we implement some feature based on Web IDL published as of today.
I'm going to refer that in my source code commit message.  Future readers of my
code has no idea what I was implementing when they look at my commit message in
five years if it refers to the living standard that changes over time.

- R. Niwa