I would be very happy if libtheora would be well packaged and tested
against pdp_theonice~ and pdp_icedthe~  and gst-launch toward giss.tv
and icecast2 server, to be sure audiovisual stream is working in/out
flawlessly on such a distribution...

nowadays it does'nt work on puredyne 9.11. nor on ubuntu 9.10 and
10.04... (it is on 9.04, but other things don't... hem)
I had not the time to test it under ubuntu 10.10 (read install this one)
so I can't tell where the problem is but realy it's an important issue
since ubuntu 9.10 that no theora stream is possible on those subsequent
distributions exept with ffmpeg2theora (which has it's own encoder if I
have well understood...).
I had no time to compile myself libtheora since the recent discution I
had with Yves Degoyon about those objects acting weird (stream connected
but very bad (time based)quality) and pointing that direction so I can't
tell if this is the real problem neither...
but anyhow this is a real showstopper to my view if theora stream toward
giss.tv isn't working on pure:dyne itself ! ...
thanks millions to look at/solve this issue (if any)

Ol.

---
Puredyne@goto10.org
http://identi.ca/group/puredyne