Hey Julian, thankyou for your welcome,

I am in Puredyne 911 carrot and coriander dvd version (installed, not live) and that probably shows me my first error: I wanted to install puredata extended for karmic 910 (the down below ubuntu version in this link: http://puredata.info/community/projects/software/pd-extended).

Yes, I might like the preinstalled version as I understand that it must be configured precicely and therefore stable and reliable, so I am willing to give it a try. But I do not understand some problems and differences I find. I add a path to my abstractions (/home/felix/mysounds/mypuredata/abstractions) and I accept and it gives me the same result every time: instead of selecting all the abstractions in this folder, I don't know why it always choose this path to a folder inside the one I choose: /home/felix/mysounds/mypuredata/abstractions/rottensound (in which I only have a few abstractions classified under the "rottensound" name.

The second problem is that I don't know how to install or even find the abstractions that I am missing (freeverb is the one I noticed), but I guess that both this problems should be posted in the pd list instead (?), and I believe that this last one might not be difficult to solve anyway (hope I'm right).

Something relating Puredyne that I don't get is how do you install a debian package, I mean, as I tried xubuntu before for a month or two, and as I realize Puredyne is based in it, how is it that Puredyne does not have the automatic installing proccess when clicking on a .deb file, just asking for the needed packages?

Also, when I right click in the download manager in firefox and choose "open containing folder" why is it asking me to choose a program to open it with? what should I do then?

Anyway, I am new to Puredyne (first 36 hours), and again, I am also new to linux itself (some months), so forgive if my questions are not intelligent ones. I'll appreciate a lot the gidelines.

Thank you again and best wishes to you too,
Felix

Julian Brooks wrote:
Hey Felix and welcome to the list,

Well firstly I would say that you should check/search some of the previous threads - my memory is that there is one from a month or so ago that walks you through the process (though I haven't tried it myself). You should also include which version of Puredyne you have and also which version of Pde you want to install.

Also are you aware that the pre-installed version of Pd has many of the major libs pre-packaged and it may be simpler to just add something if it isn't already included. There is also a big bunch of abstractions as well as external libs so have a good explore.

All good wishes,

Julian