I installed evince in order to solve the postcript viewing. It does not apear in the xfce menu and had to do the "open with" proccess and call "document viewer" (the Evince name does not appear anywhere). Please tell me if I should or not post the solutions I find to my basic needs here. It seems like Puredyne is only aimed to multimedia creation and performance and asumes the user has another machine for other stuff. Perhaps this list, considering that, does not need this list of solutions for my own needs.
Regards,
Felix

felix nicanor wrote:
Julian Brooks wrote:
Hey Felix,
Hi again Julian,

Well done for sticking with it...

I too came to Puredyne for Pd and am still discovering new things (Kdenlive for example means I don't have to rely on getting my lazy arse into the Uni where I'm based to do video documentation work, which is great).

I think it's important to remember that Puredyne is run by a small group of people and relies on the community to pitch in, so any solutions you find, it would be great to share those too.
Yes, of course, that's my aim too.
I solved my rar problem unninstalling squeeze and installing file roller in the synaptic package manager. A pity it is not an xfce app (I lost a lot of time looking for a solution in that direction), but it works fine and allows for complex compressing (multi-part rar was my need).
I will post future solutions I find for the problems I have.

Do you, by the way, know something about why puredata's audio does not work if the internet browser is opened?

Best of luck with everything,
Thank you a lot for the spirit. I hope I will be posting other tips soon.
Felix

Julian