On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 10:35 PM,  <is...@isely.net> wrote:

> I know basically nothing about the HVR-1975.

As I understand it, the HVR-1975 is essentially
a "one size fits all" redesign of the basic HVR-1900
and the HVR-1950/1955 which is compatible with
both US and DVB standards [mostly for commercial
embedded solutions that want one SKU for either
location (it actually contains two demods)].

Hauppuage (last I knew) reportedly offered an out
of tree driver on their website for the HVR-1975,
but (again, last I knew) it was never submitted
upstream (it was reported some of the code
included non-GPL copyright, and I presume
it could not be re-licensed).