Ian:

Wait a second.  Now I'm confused.  Are you or are not using the pvrusb2
driver?  The error you quoted was definitely phrasing that would have
come from the pvrusb2 driver.  If you're using something else entirely
different I'd be VERY curious know why the resemblence.

Also - to others here - I'm confused about something else.  This sounds
like we're talking about 3 drivers:

1. The pvrusb2 driver, in the kernel mainline.

2. Something on the Hauppauge web site, apparently freely accessible.

3. Something from Hauppauge that can't be acquired without an NDA.

Is this correct?  Anyone, chime in.

  -Mike

On Mon, 12 Sep 2016, Ian Goldberg wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 12:37:25AM +0000, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 10:35 PM,  <is...@isely.net> wrote:
> >
> > > I know basically nothing about the HVR-1975.
> >
> > As I understand it, the HVR-1975 is essentially
> > a "one size fits all" redesign of the basic HVR-1900
> > and the HVR-1950/1955 which is compatible with
> > both US and DVB standards [mostly for commercial
> > embedded solutions that want one SKU for either
> > location (it actually contains two demods)].
> >
> > Hauppuage (last I knew) reportedly offered an out
> > of tree driver on their website for the HVR-1975,
> > but (again, last I knew) it was never submitted
> > upstream (it was reported some of the code
> > included non-GPL copyright, and I presume
> > it could not be re-licensed).
>
> Yes, that's the driver I'm using.

Mike Isely
isely @ isely (dot) net