As a follow up Nick,

You've recreated a lot of things that will potentially end up in pyglet
core at some point. This is more related to the other thread about an
eventual move of the pyglet codebase to GL3+. It looks like we can leverage
most of the existing pyglet.graphics module when we move forward with that,
so it makes sense for the Model framework to use the existing API for a
start.

I see that you've written a nice obj loader, which is a lot cleaner than
the quick one I've hacked together :)