I'd like to share a use case with paginate.
I've got a model that serves query results in the format I need. It
manages starts and limits, includes [totalrow] property so I just need
paginate to draw a nice paging bar.

Everything works fine, but one line messes it up for me.

self.items = list(self.collection[self.first_item-1:self.last_item])

Here it takes only the range from the passed array. My situation
implies that I've already got full array fetched from the database, so
I need it just to be left intact.

so I changed it to self.items = list(self.collection) and it works
like a charm.

Not sure if it's worth including in the main trunk or I should just
create my own version. Please consider this

Thanks