On Aug 23, 9:56 am, Philip Jenvey <pjen...@underboss.org> wrote:
> On Aug 22, 2009, at 3:36 PM, Graham Dumpleton wrote:
>

> > FWIW, hosting Pylons on anything besides Paste HTTP server can also be
> > a problem in some cases. This is because certain setup steps for
> > logging expected by Pylons applications are embedded in Paste HTTP
> > server where they should not really be. This means that those magic
> > steps have to be some how duplicated when using alternate WSGI hosting
> > mechanisms. Such steps aren't though even documented in Pylons
> > documentation, unless that has changed since last time I looked.
>
> logging is setup by PasteDeploy's loadapp, not the Paste HTTP server
> itself. Pylons apps are always created via loadapp for any kind of
> deployment, so that's the appropriate place.
>
> Is the following logging to wsgi.errors documentation not enough in
> this regard?http://pylonshq.com/docs/en/0.9.7/logging/#logging-to-wsgi-errors

If that is the case and everything is done and self contained within
loadapp(), why is it necessary to call
paste.script.util.logging_config.fileConfig() explictly for alternate
hosting mechanisms, as documented in:

  http://wiki.pylonshq.com/display/pylonscookbook/Logging+under+mod_wsgi

prior to calling loadapp().

Graham