Hi Peter

I'm very happy with the cheap "gamers glasses". They are light, much lighter
than the old CrystalEyes we have for our SGI-systems, and also more reliable
(ie. when they dont work, they just need new batteries :-) The batteries
(CR2016) have less capacity than the ones in CrystalEyes (CR2032) but thats a
minor issue. Note that these glasses only work with Linux if the graphics card
has a VESA stereo connector (like the Quadro cards).

I also tried some wired glasses (Eye3D 4in1), which were also good, but they
needed a VGA passthrough cable, which disturbs the signal a bit, resulting in a
slightly blur image on the screen. The advantages are no batteries, and they
don't need a VESA stereo connector on the graphics board. We have succesfully
run stereo under Linux with Xig X-server and a ATI 9000pro card - and
XF86/Nvidia driver/Nvidia GeForce4 card. However, I'm not sure these glasses
are available anymore.

Best regards

Esben