Hi John,

Please be aware that there is a difference between a python script
that allows you to define some functionality you can use in PyMOL
(usually with a .py ending), and a script that will read coordinates
and do some PyMOL stuff (which I usually apply a .pml ending).

So, what I think is happening is that you have a python script that
defines a function in PyMOL. But you don't use the function afterwards
to actually make something appear on the screen.

Alternatively you have a script with proper PyMOL commands, but that
kind of scripts you need to "run" by typing "@myscript.pml" on the
command line. Don't know how to do that from the GUI.

I think that http://www.pymolwiki.org/index.php/LoadDir should give
you an idea of what I am talking about.

Hope this helps.

Regards,