Hi all,

Someone recently asked me if there was a way to display field lines with
PyMOL or with an external plugin. Here's what I wrote:

It turns out that PyMOL recently grew the ability to display field lines.
After you've run APBS, you'll have a map object called pymol-generated. Try
this series of commands from the PyMOL prompt:

gradient my_grad, pymol-generated
ramp_new my_grad_ramp, pymol-generated
color my_grad_ramp, my_grad

I'm considering building this into the next version of the plugin.

Cheers,

-Michael

--
Michael Lerner, Ph.D.