Hi Criss,

It doesn't appear to be broken from what I see. Helices may not appear
transparent to each other if you're using single-layer transparency by
default. Setting `transparency_mode` to 3 should show transparent objects
beneath each other.

https://pymolwiki.org/index.php/Transparency_mode

Best,

Jarrett J

On Sat, May 8, 2021 at 10:01 AM Criss Hartzell <criss.hartz...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am using PYMOL2.4.1 on windows.
> I want to make two cartoon helices transparent in an object having 10
> heleices. Before version 2.3, I would make a copy of the object, hide the
> two transparent helices on the original object and show them on the copy
> with transparency set to 0.5. After PYMOL2.3, cartoon-transparency is
> supposed to work on the atom level, but when I try to apply cartoon
> transparency to the two helices as a selection
> (cartoon_transparency,0.5,sele), the helices change color but do not become
> transparent. Am I doing something wrong?
>
> --
> Criss Hartzell

*Jarrett Johnson* | Senior Developer
[image: Schrodinger Logo] <https://www.schrodinger.com/>