Dear PyTables users,

After more than 8 years since the first public version of PyTables
(October 2002) and almost 4 years since the first release of PyTables
Pro (July 2007), it is time for me to start new challenges in my
career.

The reason for this change is that I have found a new job and,
unfortunately, I'll not have time for doing any further development,
except for perhaps delivering a couple of additional maintenance
releases during the year to come, and participating from time to time
in the pytables-user list.

In case anyone is willing to adopt PyTables and push it with more
features, he would be absolutely welcome and I'll do my best to help
him in this endeavour.  Regarding PyTables Pro, I am still undecided,
but I'm open to release it as open source (BSD-like) too.  At any
rate, I don't plan to sell PyTables Pro licenses anymore.

Also, I'm committing myself to maintain the pytables.org web site for
at least one additional year (up to May 2012), and I'd glad to help
transferring it (or part of it) to anyone who wants to become a future
maintainer.

Finally, I would like to thank to all of you who have contributed with
bug reports, patches, encouragements and, last but not least, monetary
support.  Without you the PyTables project would have not lasted too
much (after all, 8 years of life is a quite important figure for a
modest project like this :)

Thank you!

--
Francesc Alted