Hi,

I hate to be the first one to report an issue with 3.2.7 tarball... It might be related to my lack of knowledge (just joined the dev list a few days ago), but here it is:

It is failing during the configure process...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~/mod_python-3.2.7 $ ./configure --with-apxs=/usr/ sbin/apxs2
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for ar... ar
checking for main in -lm... yes
checking your blood pressure... a bit high, but we can proceed
configure: checking whether apxs is available...
checking for --with-apxs... /usr/sbin/apxs2 executable, good
checking Apache version... 2.0.55
checking for Apache libexec directory... /usr/lib64/apache2/modules
checking for Apache include directory... -I/usr/include/apache2
checking for --with-python... no
checking for python... /usr/bin/python
checking Python version... 2.4
checking Python install prefix... /usr
checking checking where python libraries are installed... /usr/lib64/ python2.4
checking for Py_NewInterpreter in -lpython2.4... yes
checking what libraries Python was linked with... -lpython2.4 - lpthread -ldl -lutil -lm
checking linker flags used to link Python...
checking where Python include files are... -I/usr/include/python2.4
./configure: line 3427: syntax error near unexpected token `('
./configure: line 3427: ` as_lineno_3=`(expr $as_lineno_1 + 1) 2>/ dev/null`'

System is an Opteron 170 running Gentoo in 64 bit mode (2005.1 profile):

uname -a
Linux andromeda 2.6.14-gentoo-r5 #1 SMP Sun Jan 15 21:46:56 CST 2006 x86_64 Dual Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 170 AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

/usr/sbin/apache2 -v
Server version: Apache/2.0.55
Server built:   Jan 19 2006 15:46:57

/usr/sbin/apache2 -l
Compiled in modules:
  core.c
  prefork.c
  http_core.c
  mod_so.c

Python is 2.4.2

FYI, mod_python 3.1.4 configures, compiles and runs fine on the same system.

Please let me know if you need anymore info.

Thanks,

Sébastien