Hi,

I would like to report:

+1 Gentoo 2005.1 (amd64), Apache 2.0.55-prefork, Python 2.4.2

After replacing the troubling line (line 3038, configure):

from:
MP_VERSION=`echo $MP_VERSION | sed s/\\"//g`
to (Deron's 1st suggestion):
MP_VERSION=`echo $MP_VERSION | sed 's/"//g' `

I guess now it's up to you to decide if you want to integrate the patch or if you want to leave it as is for this release ;)

Thanks,

Sébastien