Nicolas Lehuen wrote:
Based on today's traffic on the mailing lists, I think that we should
go for a short-term 3.2.8 release of mod_python, with certified Apache
2.2 support on multiple platforms. The code is only there but I
suppose we'll need a lot of testing, so maybe we could expect to
release this in a month or two (given that the Win32 source code is
not even available right now).

I'm not sure we need *alot* of testing on *nix. The APR_STATUS_IS_SUCCESS macro is not an issue there, since it is defined as (rc == APR_SUCCESS), which is the change we've made anyway. That macro does have a different definition on Win32, so that's where the testing needs to happen. But if there is no Apache 2.2 for Win32, where does that leave us wrt to a release? After Graham's digging and the comments from Justin I'm much less concerned about a potential problem on Win32.

I don't think we should pile a large number of changes in any given 3.2.x bugfix release. If each release has not deviated too much from the previous version, then we'll need to do less testing and can release more frequently. I'd hate to see us wait 2 or 3 months for 3.2.8 and find we have so many bug fixes, and "little" feature additions that we then need to go through another 3.2.8 beta cycle. Release early and release often.

Jim

Regards,
Nicolas