Grisha wrote ..

> On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, Nicolas Lehuen wrote:
>
> > 2006/2/14, Graham Dumpleton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > [...]
> >> If we want to go down the path of having interim 3.2 bug rollup releases
> >> while 3.3 is being developed, might I suggest that we target the following
> >> for such a release in the near future.
> >>
> >> MODPYTHON-77
> >>
> >>   The Simplified GIL Aquisition patches.
>
> If this is the one where you get "Restriction Execution" errors upon
> launching a thread, then I'm kinda keen on seeing this fixed sooner than
> later. Just my $0.02. :-)

Yes it is.

Note that there is one caveat on this fix because of how simple GIL
works when there are multiple interpreters. Namely, if using third party
code which uses simple GIL API, then "PythonInterpreter" must be
explicitly set to "main_interpreter" for context the code is used in.
This interpreter is now gauranteed to be the first interpreter which was
created, thus satisfying simple GIL requirements.

No real drama, we just need to document this fact.

Graham