On 5/2/2018 4:51 PM, Ivan Pozdeev via Python-Dev wrote:
As https://bugs.python.org/issue33257

As I report there, the 'crasher' does not crash on my Win 10 with either installed 3.7 or built 3.8.

https://bugs.python.org/issue33316 showed,

nothing about tkinter

Tkinter is broken, for both

One can crash CPython with legal Python code. I don't think that the language community should deprecate and drop CPython ;-).

Py2 and Py3, with both threaded and non-threaded Tcl, since 2002 at least, and no-one gives a damn.
The experience of perhaps hundred of thousands of people successfully writing or running tkinter-based programs says otherwise.

This seems to be a testament that very few people are actually interested in or are using it.

It is a testament that most people write sane code, for which tkinter (and Python) work well.

> If that is so

But it is not.  Tkinter is actively maintained.

> there's no use keeping it in the standard library

Ridiculous. All you have done with this post is distract attention from real problems.

--
Terry Jan Reedy