> Does 'master' confuse people?

There's a general movement to replace language from common programming
practises that derive from, or are associated with, the dehumanization of
people. Such as master and slave, as well as whitelist and blacklist.

Github has decided on "main" being a suitable replacement:
https://github.com/github/renaming . I have no inside information on the
Python steering council, but I assume they are following Githubs guidance.

Hope this info helps,
(He / Him)
Damian