Floris Bruynooghe wrote:
> Since I was under the
> impression that the JIT/LLVM can't emit machine code for the platforms
> where these C++ problems would likely occur nothing would be lost.

AFAICT, LLVM doesn't support Itanium or HPPA, and apparently not POWER,
either (although they do support PPC - not sure what that means for
POWER). So that rules out AIX and HP-UX as sources of problems (beyond
the problems that they cause already :-)

LLVM does support SPARC, so I'd be curious about reports that it worked
or didn't work on a certain Solaris release, with either SunPRO or the
gcc release that happened to be installed on the system (Solaris
installation sometimes feature fairly odd g++ versions).

Regards,
Martin