On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 9:22 AM, Terry Reedy <tjre...@udel.edu> wrote:
> On 12/13/2012 1:06 AM, Lennart Regebro wrote:
>> All in all I would say I would prefer to install this per Python.
>
> Then explicit update requires multiple downloads or copying. This is a
> violation of DRY. If if is not too large, it would not hurt to never delete
> it.

Yes, but this is no different that if you want to keep any library
updated over multiple Python versions. And I don't want to invent
another installation procedure that works for just this, or have a
little script that checks periodically for updates only for this,
adding to the plethora of update checkers on windows already. You
either keep your Python and it's libraries updated or you do not, I
don't think this is any different, and I think it should have the
exact same mechanisms and functions as all other third-party PyPI
packages.

//Lennart