Quoting Christian Tismer <tis...@stackless.com>:

Can I rely on PEP 404 that the "Python 2.8" namespace never will clash
with CPython?

This question still hasn't been answered (AFAICT). So let me try to answer
it, and apologies upfront for being picky.

First, I don't understand the question: What is the "Python 2.8"
*namespace*? I try to rephrase the question:

# May I rely on PEP 404 that CPython will never make a Python 2.8 release?

To that, the clear answer is YES.

A natural follow-up question then is

# May I use the name "Python 2.8" for my own products?

To that, the answer is "ONLY IF YOU GET PERMISSION". This is really
off-topic for python-dev, but you would have to ask the PSF trademark
committee for permission to use that name as a product name. IIUC,
the current policy is that you may use "Python" if it a) is related
to the Python programming language, and b) is somehow qualified
(e.g. "Stackless Python"). To use just "Python", you need permission
(and I suspect that this might not be granted).

HTH,
Martin