On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 5:57 PM, Steven D'Aprano <st...@pearwood.info>
wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 08:55:50AM -0800, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>
> > But I strongly believe that if we want to do the right thing for the
> > long term, we should switch to GitHub.
>
> Encouraging a software, or social, monopoly is never the right thing for
> the long term.
>
> http://nedbatchelder.com/blog/201405/github_monoculture.html
>

> > I promise you that once the pain of the switch is over you will feel
> > much better about it. I am also convinced that we'll get more
> > contributions this way.
>
> I'm sure that we'll get *more* contributions, but will they be *better*
> contributions?
>
> I know that there are people who think that mailing lists are old and
> passe, and that we should shift discussion to a social media site like
> Reddit. If we did, we'd probably get twenty times as many comments, and
> the average quality would probably plummet. More is not necessarily a
> good thing.

Reddit: Markdown. Edit. Save.

Is this a challenge for software configuration management
and software requirements traceability?

Could this problem be solved by utilizing namespaced URIs to reference
commits
and issues?

In indexing of these repositories, it would be useful to produce JSON-LD
with an appropriate schema for expressing primary
and other repo URIs,
that could be resolved into the appropriate ssh:// URLs
for each particular ascii domain regex.

- [ ] schema.org/SofwareApplication
- [ ] SEON Ontologies
- [ ] Warehouse/PyPi RDFa, JSON-LD

With secondarily productivity-enhancing URI/URL edges between development
artifacts and feedback review cycles being an overall objective for
infrastructure
and devops comprehension:

* Mailing lists, reviews, issues past current and future, documentation
pages, releases
* Indices (is there a sphinx index that could build the PEPs?)
* Reviews (rietveld, issue tracker)
* Issues Past
* Issues Current
* Issues Future
* Docs
* PEPs
* HOWTOs
* {this could be a useful set of types with URIs and current URLs}

When/if a r'#\d+' is referenced, how do the URLs resolve at render time?

When/if a 'r#issue/tracker/uri/{num}' URL is pasted, is there a pingback?

* sphinx extlinks
* https://github.com/lunaryorn/sphinxcontrib-issuetracker
* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Requirements_traceability