On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 07:39:30PM -0500, Donald Stufft wrote:

> I don’t think this is really all that big of a deal. If we want to
> move off of Github doing so is easy. There are lots of (not nearly as
> good as but probably still better than what we have now) OSS software
> that gives you a github like flow. The only *data* that is really in
> there is what’s stored in the repository itself (since I don’t think
> for anything major we’d ever put issues there or use the wiki) which
> is trivial to move around.

Assuming PRs are enabled on the new repo, how will that interact with
patch review/the issue tracker? Is the goal here to replace the existing
process wholesale in one step? It doesn't seem fair to say that moving
to GitHub will be easy unless interrupting every contributor's flow is
considered "free", or some Rietveld bridge script magically writes
itself.  The former impacts review bandwidth, the latter infrastructure
bandwidth (which already seems quite contended, e.g. given the job board
is still MIA).

David