Theoretically yes. Practically, I think, but do not know for sure, it would have the same annoying issues as other SDK builds (of which, the most annoying is just different paths for the tools). Making that a supported build would require some of the same effort as supporting any other compiler though (a build bot configured to compile python this way).

I also think, but am not sure, that what you linked is in fact the leaner meaner toolchain that Steve was referring to.