On 20 January 2018 at 15:00, Guido van Rossum <gu...@python.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 8:47 PM, Nick Coghlan <ncogh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 20 January 2018 at 07:49, Mario Corchero <marioc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I am happy to put some work into this (and Pablo Galindo in CC offered
>> > pair on it) but it is not clear for me whether the next step is drafting
>> > new PEP or this is just blocked on "re-evaluating" the current one.
>>
>> I think that would be a question for Larry,
>
> I think you meant for Guido. It's not Larry's language (yet :-).

I did mean Larry, but I was unduly vague about the specific question I
was referring to (I wasn't sure if Larry might want to repurpose PEP
457 itself for this proposal).

It sounds like we're going to go with the option of a new PEP though,
crediting Larry with the design, which seems like a good option to me.

Cheers,
Nick.