On 20 January 2018 at 07:49, Mario Corchero <marioc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am happy to put some work into this (and Pablo Galindo in CC offered to
> pair on it) but it is not clear for me whether the next step is drafting a
> new PEP or this is just blocked on "re-evaluating" the current one.

I think that would be a question for Larry, since there are two main
options here:

- proposing just the "/" part of PEP 457 (which allows positional-only
arguments, but doesn't allow the expression of all builtin and
standard library signatures)
- proposing the full PEP 547, including the "argument groups" feature
(which is a bigger change, but allows the expression of signatures
like "range([start,] stop, [step,] /)")

One key benefit I'd see to a new subset-of-457 PEP is that it would
allow a decision to be made on the basic "/" proposal without deciding
one way or the other on whether or not to provide a native way to
express signatures like the one for range().

Cheers,
Nick.