From: "Nick Coghlan" <ncogh...@gmail.com>
To: "Fedora Python SIG" <python-devel@lists.fedoraproject.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2016 8:29:04 AM
Subject: Python 3.6 beta release in F26 Rawhide?

Hi folks,

During the discussion of the os.urandom() change in Python 3.6 (the
successor to the accidental change in Python 3.5 that is the subject
of Tomas's emailing about rebasing to 3.5.2 in F24), we came to the
conclusion it would be good to get 3.6 into Rawhide early enough to
impact the upstream beta cycle:
https://lists.fedorahosted.org/archives/list/python-devel@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/UAB7JJ5VPW2W2QEERZ4HIQZZB3QMB2H5/

However, there's no reference to that discussion in
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Python3.6 - it only refers to
incorporating a release candidate or the actual release, which will be
too late for us to request changes to the upstream default
os.urandom() behaviour if we find unexpected problems with it.

With Python 3.6b2 recently pushed out the door, there's about two
months (including two more beta releases) until the first release
candidate in early December.

Regards,
Nick.