On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 2:33 PM, Nick Coghlan <ncogh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> While it *is* a little unusual to implement it that way, I don't think
> that's sufficient reason to break with the established output format
> for the plain "-V".

Seems reasonable. Minor point: I'd be forever having to check whether
it's -vV, -Vv, or -VV - particularly as I often find myself using
"python -v", and groaning at the spew of spam as interactive Python
starts up in verbose mode. Can all three be added, maybe? Then -Vv and
-vV are "verbose version", and -VV is "version, and more so" (in the
same way that -qq is more quiet than q, or -gg is more debuggy than
-g).

ChrisA