On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 5:42 AM, Joao S. O. Bueno <jsbu...@python.org.br> wrote:

> Well,I hope you both had at least skimmed over "brython"  - it started a
> couple years ago
> with somewhat the same "won't o full Python purpose" - but nowadays they
> have a
> very conformant implementation of Python3 that is transpiled client-side
> into working javascript.
>
> (It does use some JS third party library to be able to implement Python
> integers, for example -
> but I think one can use a "pragma" like statement to use "native" numbers
> for performance)
>
> http://brython.info

I'm aware of Brython; its purpose is not to let you use JS semantics
with Py syntax, but to let you run Python code in a web browser, with
full Python semantics. You'll also find PyPyJS, which does a similar
job - it uses JS code as a form of machine code, JIT compiling to JS.

Taking this off the list as it's no longer on topic.

ChrisA